Client:HH Angus & Associates Ltd.
Project Location: Greater Napanee, Ontario
Client: Rankin Construction
Duration: 10 months
At a Glance:
- Civil Design
- Structural Design
- Mechanical Design
- Electrical Design
The Hydro One Lennox Transformer Station in Greater Napanee, Ontario required the construction of two facilities: a New Station Services Building and an addition to the existing Relay Building. Working as a consultant to Rankin Construction, NA Engineering Associates Inc. provided multidisciplinary services in support of both these facilities, including mechanical, electrical, structural, and civil engineering services. In addition, NAE provided contract administration during construction and Quality Assurance reviews throughout the process of the work.
Similar to many of the projects NAE takes on, the lengthy list of applicable Codes and Standards for this project was familiar to our staff. A snapshot of these requirements included:
- Ontario Building Code (2012)
- The Ontario Fire Code (2012)
- CAN/CSA-S16.1-09 Limit States Design of Steel Structures
- CSA-A23.3-04 Design of Concrete Structures – Structures (Design)
- CSA-S304.1-04 Masonry Design for Buildings (Limit States Design)
- CAN/CSA-B72-M87 Installation Code for Lightning Protection Systems
- Technical Standards and Safety Authority
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
NAE completed the project on-time and on-budget. The new buildings are now occupied, supporting Hydro One’s utilities in the area.